I found Welcome Week quite a nervous time. I was in University Student Accommodation (Gill Street South), which was a great place to live for a year. I went to some events with people from my accommodation, and I went to some on my own too (and met some people there). I enjoyed the events I attended, and would encourage you to go to any events if you like the sound of them (even if you’re on your own).
- You will be nervous, but everyone else will be too. Go and explore Nottingham, get to know the surroundings. Go to events even if you’re on your own, you will meet people there.
- Sign up to a few Societies at the Freshers' Fair. Don’t sign up to hundreds, but sign up to a few. I would definitely recommend LEX Law Society, it is great for new students to join to gain extra opportunities to benefit them, as well as several social events.
- Freshers’ Fair is great to attend to get loads of information, and freebies too!
- Nights out are good, you can party as much as you like, and if you’re studying Law then it might be your best chance! Ocean Wednesday is a must for a fresher!
- If sports are your thing, then you could sign up for the sports taster sessions.