“I moved permanently to Nottingham to study, so I didn’t know anyone or the area when I started. Welcome Week really helped me settle in and feel like part of the University. Going to planned meetups and events was really nice. It meant I wasn’t just aimlessly wandering around; I was chatting and enjoying myself. It was a great way to start the year.”
- Welcome Week is a great time to dive in, ask any questions you have, and get to know the campus.
- Don’t feel you can only go to mature student events, there’s lots of things going on and you’re welcome to check out whatever you’d like.
- Attend one of the Mature student events; they are very casual and chatty and a great way to hear more about other stuff going on…“Go to one of the Film Nights in the Students’ Union, they’re fun and free!
- If you’re worried about essay writing, the library run lots of workshops and introductory sessions which are worth attending to put your mind at ease.
- If you’re interested in some of the societies or sports clubs now is a good time to go along to taster sessions and socials.
- If you don’t have much spare time the food or coffee events are great; there’s usually lots of cake around and you can just drop in for a quick bite!